How many times have you woken up to a sore back, stiff neck, or numb arms? Your mattress is the likely culprit, but finding the perfect replacement isn’t as simple as picking one that looks comfortable while fitting within the budget and going with it. The right product can help you sleep better and wake up better.
Of course, staying within your means is of particular importance when finding the right one. Here, we will compare some of the best mattresses under $300 based on comfort, support, and customer satisfaction to help you find the perfect one to fit your budget.
Top 10 Comparison Table
|Model||Weight (Full or Queen Size)||Firmness||Warranty|| |
|Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Mattress|
Editor’s Pick for Temperature-Regulating Mattress
|65 lbs.||Medium-plush||10 year|
|Resort Sleep Queen Cooling Memory Foam Mattress|
Editor’s Pick for Spinal Support
|54.9 lbs.||Medium-firm||20 year limited|
|Signature Sleep Contour Independently-Encased Coil Mattress|
Editor’s Pick for Excellent Price
|59.4 lbs.||Medium-firm||1 year limited|
|LUCID Gel Memory Foam Mattress||49 lbs.||Medium||25 year|
|Best Price Mattress Memory Foam Mattress||66 lbs.||Firm||10 year|
|Olee Sleep Gel Infused Layer Top Memory Foam Mattress||58.2 lbs.||Plush||10 year limited|
|Olee Sleep Box Top Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam Innerspring Mattress||94.4 lbs.||Firm||10 year limited|
|Modway Aveline Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress||40 lbs.||Medium||1 year|
|Zinus Responsive Memory Foam Mattress||48.2 lbs.||Firm||10 year limited|
|Signature Sleep Memoir Memory Foam Mattress||35.9 lbs.||Firm||1 year limited|
The Top 10 Best Mattresses under 300 Dollars Reviews 2017
1. Editor’s Pick: Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Mattress – Good for Those Who Love a Cool Sleep
Classic Brands’ medium-plush mattress has a high-density foam infused with gel particles that provide a well-ventilated mattress that can keep you cool all night long. The quality foam will help support your body in whatever position you choose to sleep by conforming to your curves.
This mattress is medium-plush, so it may not be supportive enough for some people. Additionally, it comes compressed and may take several hours to decompress enough to sleep on comfortable. Owners may need to plan the timing of delivery strategically if they plan to use the mattress the same day.
- Four-way stretch knit for extra contouring ability
- Cool Gel technology for temperature regulation
- Excellent support and relief for those with back pain
- Non-washable cover
- No handles to move the mattress
- New smell from decompressing may linger for awhile
This one may be good for those who need extra back support and a refreshing night’s sleep. The Classic Brands’ memory foam may keep you sleeping better for longer by relieving pressure points and preventing you from tossing and turning.
2. Editor’s Pick for Spinal Support: Resort Sleep Queen Cooling Memory Foam Mattress – Great for Contouring and Support
It has the look of a luxury mattress, yet is an option for best mattress under 300 to fit the budget. Its 2.5 inches of high-density memory foam can reduce the need for repositioning and interrupted sleep. Support Core foam can further support the spine, arms, and legs while keeping you cool with breathable materials.
It may not feel comfortable to sleepers who prefer more cushion for various positions. Although it has breathable materials, its structure may hold heat more than others.
- Washable cover that protects and cushions the mattress
- Antimicrobial and hypoallergenic
- Includes a memory foam pillow
- Hypoallergenic and eco-friendly materials
- May not be best for side sleepers
- May take a while to decompress or not decompress completely
Resort Sleep may be one of the best options for those looking for the best spinal support for back or stomach sleeping. If you’re in the market for a firm mattress, this one will likely meet your needs.
3. Editor’s Pick for Excellent Price: Signature Sleep Contour Independently-Encased Coil Mattress – Good for the Average Sleeper
This mattress from Signature Sleep is at the low end of the budget but holds its own compared to similar types. It includes 1.6″ of memory foam on the top for added support and comfort that outperforms other coil mattresses. This product can work well for almost any sleep position.
Although it does have some memory foam, it’s a relatively small amount that may make sleepers still feel some pressure points. There’s also no washable cover, so you may need to spot-clean this mattress.
- Meets federal flammability standards
- Double-sided to rotate and flip if needed
- 1.6 inch memory foam on top
- 8-inch mattress may provide less support than higher mattresses
- Little amount of high-density foam
- 48 hours to expand completely
This one may be the perfect fit for people who reposition through the night often. The memory foam and coils work together to relieve pressure and support the back, neck, arms, and legs in various positions. The price point makes it one of the best memory foam mattresses (hybrid) for your money.
4. LUCID Gel Memory Foam Mattress – Dual-Layer for Supreme Support
LUCID’s mattress has a 7.5-inch layer of high-density foam below a 2.5-inch layer of gel-infused memory foam that’s breathable, supportive, and comfortable. Additionally, the memory foam responds to the curves of your body to alleviate pressure and reduce the need to reposition yourself through the night. The CertiPUR-US memory foam meets environmental and safety standards so you can rest assured in your purchase.
Although this one has the right balance of plush and firm, it leans more on the softer side, which may not give enough strong support for those who need extra back or neck support. The heat-absorbing technology may also cause heat buildup through the night.
- Decompresses quickly
- Excellent support for a variety of sleep positions
- No environmentally-harmful chemicals used
- Fabric cover isn’t removable for easy washing
This mattress is one of the fastest to decompress and leaves a very little odor when doing so. The dual-layer construction can help support several sleep positions and body types.
5. Best Price Mattress Memory Foam Mattress – Best for a Cloud-Like Sleep
This is one of the best mattresses under 300 for feeling no pressure points. Constructed with three layers – a top memory foam layer, a softer middle memory foam layer, and a high-density foam bottom – the mattress can hug your curves while adequately supporting the body. Active charcoals in the material help whisk away moisture and odors over time.
It does have an odor that may linger for some time after decompression. Also, no handles on the mattress may make it difficult to rotate or move.
- Washable cover
- Temperature and moisture-regulating
- Three foam layers for support
- Decompression odor
- Foam layers may wear down over time
This one provides excellent support and comfort, but the foam layers may not hold their firmness for as long as others. However, the 3-layer construction helps reduce motion transfer, making it a good option for couples.
6. Olee Sleep Gel Infused Layer Top Memory Foam Mattress – Best for Those Who Like Soft Beds
This is one of our picks for best mattress under 300 for a plush, yet supportive, sleep. Very firm mattresses can cause poor sleep quality and painful or stiff joints, but this softer mattress may provide a better sleep, especially for those who sleep on their sides.
The Olee Sleep is not as breathable as others and may trap heat through the night. It also takes a long time to decompress and may not decompress to the full 10 inches.
- Odor goes away quickly once decompressed
- Contours to and maintains body shape for support and comfort
- Removable, washable cover
- May not be best for back or stomach sleepers who need firm support
- Holds heat
This is a good choice for side sleepers who need gentle support balanced with pressure relief. However, it is relatively thick and has no handles, so it may be difficult to move.
7. Olee Sleep Box Top Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam Innerspring Mattress – Best Foam and Spring Fusion for Comfort and Support
The Olee Sleep Box Top combine innerspring technology with memory foam to provide quality support and comfort. It also includes an infusion of gel to help regulate temperature throughout the night. With independently-cased coils, you and your partner should have a restful night’s sleep with little to no motion disturbance.
Because this product is 13 inches high, it may take longer than others to decompress. The gel-infused memory foam layer may also indent over time, rather than bouncing back after use.
- Equal weight distributing technology
- Several layers for optimal support
- Memory foam protects inner coils
- Can take a day or more to decompress
- May not support heavier body types
This is one of the best for support for people with average or smaller body types but may not keep its shape over time for all body types. At 13 inches high, the Olee works well on platform beds that don’t use a box spring.
8. Modway Aveline Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress – Excellent Choice for Couples
It is flame-retardant, making it a perfect option for a child’s room. With isolated motion technology, you and your partner can also benefit from a comfortable night’s sleep without feeling each other’s movements. Unlike some others, this Modway mattress has very low VOCs, an indoor pollutant that can interfere with hormones, tissues, the brain, and more.
This is a relatively small one, though, so you may feel some pressure points, depending on your bed base. Also, the material and construction aren’t as breathable as those of other mattresses, so it may hold heat.
- Can expand enough to sleep on in 4 hours
- Certified memory foam free from toxins and metals
- 8-inch may not be sufficient support for all
- Medium firmness may be too plush for some sleep positions
If you have a platform bed or box spring, this may be the one for your bed. Otherwise, you’ll need slats no more than 3 inches apart to provide proper support.
9. Zinus Responsive Memory Foam Mattress – Best Odor-Free Mattress
If you’re looking for one with little to no odor, the Zinus may be an excellent choice. It has three layers of foam infused with odor-eliminating materials, like charcoal and natural plant oils. The 10-inch mattress provides active support with a 2-inch Viscolatex foam for the top layer.
You can use it without a box spring, but improper support may cause sagging and compressed layers over time. Some customers have mentioned that heavy weights can eventually cause an indentation in the mattress.
- Breathable foams keep sleepers cool
- Perfect firmness for back and side sleepers
- May be too firm for stomach sleepers
- Cover isn’t removable for easy washing
- Layers may compress over time under heavy weights
This is a good choice for those who want one without the characteristic odor that comes from compressed mattresses, or those that are consistently exposed to odor from sweat, grease, etc.
10. Signature Sleep Memoir Memory Foam Mattress – Great for Pressure Relief
Relieve pressure points on your back, hips, shoulders, and more on this Signature Sleep mattress that conforms to the contours of the body. It can work well on box springs, platform beds, trundle beds, and more, continuing to hold its shape over time.
This one comes in a few heights, from 6 to 12 inches, but even the smaller sizes may take a day or so to decompress fully. Because of the type of foam construction Signature Sleep uses on this mattress, you and your partner may feel some of each other’s movements.
- Meets federal flammability standards
- Low VOCs and free of heavy metals
- Evenly supports body weight
- Removable, washable cover
- Does not have cooling technology
- Very firm; may not be the best for stomach sleepers
Some customers have mentioned an uneven wear on this mattress over time. You should ensure that your mattress’ base is even and provides adequate support before purchasing.
The best mattresses under 300 in this guide can meet a variety of needs, from different sleep positions to odor control and more. Our guide will hopefully point you in the right direction toward finding the right one that supports your body type and sleep position while providing supreme comfort and fitting within your budget.